I like to give little gifts at Valentines Day... something sweet for my hubby of course and something little for all the kids in my life.
Money is tight for everyone and I am a firm believer that it is not the monetary value but the thought that makes the value.
So I headed to the dollar tree and purchased a travel mug and then on my computer I printed the background and the image on regular computer paper
The measurement is 4.5" by 8.75 and print in landscape
Then I filled the cup with shred and candy and added a bow
That's all... easy and sweet
The next thing I made was a cherry coke float
Again the dollar tree to the rescue for most of this project
(I am glad my hubby does not read my blog because this is for him ~ dad)
I started with a Coke Float glass from the Dollar Tree and filled the bottom with peanut m&m's and some cherry and peanut butter wrapped chocolates
I then added a foam floral disk for planters from the dollar tree to the top of the glass and secured it with double sided tape also purchased at the dollar tree
If you can see the tape on the one I placed it all around the disk
I then stuck in two pixie sticks for straws
I then just stuck cherry kisses and almond kisses all over the top... they really stick great!
Then to make the cherry foam... I just added some paper fill (dollar tree) in all the nooks and crannies
And here it is...
And here it is again
Linking up to



Patricia! That coke float is genius! I've been thinking of a little something I could do for my hubby instead of the usual "Whitman's Sampler" that I usually give him, and I think the coke float is just the thing! He loves those Ferrero Roche chocolates, so I may put those on the outside and he loves Jelly Belly's, so those could go on the inside. The pixie stix straws are my favorite! Gives it just the perfect touch! Good job!
ReplyDeleteThat's super cute! I didn't know they had those travel cups at DT...I may need to make a trip today!
ReplyDeleteReally adorable, and oh so nummy looking!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and adding this to the page! Don’t forget to stop back next week to see which links from this week are featured, and to add your new links!
These are great ideas! You are so crafty!
ReplyDeleteHi Patricia,
ReplyDeleteWhat great, affordable ideas! I love the coke float, and think it would be perfect for my daughter.
Also thank you for taking the time to enter my Blogiversary PB Giveaway. Good Luck!
Cathy
I am a Coca Cola collector and I am in love with your coke float! What an awesome idea! I love all the fun crafts you post here... so creative!
ReplyDelete~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
Love the candy float, what an ingenius idea that could work for virtually any holiday or birthday! Great ideas.
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! I love how creative this is. Thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog. :)
ReplyDeletehey there:) I just wanted to give you the sunshine blog award because I adore your blog. Have a great day!
ReplyDeletehttp://adornedwithlace.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunshine-blog-award.html
Oh, You are good! These are excellent. I really love the coke float!:)
ReplyDeleteVery cute idea. First visit to your blog (found you via Dollar Store Crafting), so I can't wait to check out the rest!
ReplyDeleteI love your idea to put down your weekly to-do's (ta da's) and your annual reading goal, too. Definitiely helps with accountability, I'm sure.
really cute!
ReplyDeleteI love both of those! They are absolutely darling! What great Valentine ideas.
ReplyDeleteteri
What terrific ideas! I love it that you made something so useful by piecing together little finds from the dollar store with treats/craft supplies. Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteIf you're interested, tomorrow we have a friday fun find party that we'd love for you to link up to!
That coke float is the cutest thing I've ever seen. You are so so smart and I love it!
ReplyDeleteThat's really neat ... I'll have to remember that! Thanks, Jenn
ReplyDeleteHi Patricia! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Cherry Coke Float!! ADORABLE for a centerpiece, and what a FUN gift to give!!! Thank you for sharing this! ~tina
ReplyDeleteThose cups are so adorable. I love that idea. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteI love both of these ideas, especially the last one. Just adorable! Thanks so much for linking up. :)
ReplyDelete