Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nicholas Sparks Re~Wind

One of my New Year Goals was to read ALL 16  of Nicholas Sparks books
I am proud to say that I  finished reading them March 3, 2010!

I FINALLY feel like a real grown up... I made a goal and completed it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoyed all the books for many different reasons


I recommend reading Nicholas Sparks because he is adorable a great author and gets better looking with age out does himself with each book! 

Also he went to Notre Dame and I am a die hard fan of the Irish!
And he is easy on the eyes an easy read...  

I do not want to spoil any of the books on you... I hate when ppl do that!
Here is a little snippet of my personal thought on each book!
~@~@~@~@~@~@~
A funny aside before I begin... 
My hubby cannot get over the fact that I read fast and it is beyond him that I comprehend anything I read... so after each book, I gave him a book report, I told him so much that he felt like he read the books himself. When we went to see Dear John in the movies he commented that it was not the same as the book! LOL
~@~@~@~@~@~@~
Without further ado...

The Last Song tugged at emotions I did not even know I had.... the movie is coming out soon and I am excited to see it!
I hope it lives up to the book!! The book for me was beautifully written. The characters came alive and I could feel what Nicholas was expressing  for each individual character!

 The Lucky One is a beautiful love story that shows the miles that love will travel and how sometimes it really is against our own will to fall in love!

I can honestly say that he book Dear John is better than the movie... and I thought the movie was great!

It is The Choices we make and the chances we take that make all the difference in our lives and sometimes love lives right next door!

 At First Sight was a heartbreaking sequel to True Believer which was an amazing story about the lengths we go to protect those we love.


I would love to spend Three Weeks With My Brother in real life. 
Nicholas got to do that with his brother Micah. They went on an amazing journey around the world and  this true story is about love and heartbreak and how family really is all you have when it comes down to it!

The Guardian was an interesting suspense ~ with a little love mixed in!

The Wedding is not the Notebook followup I expected ~ it was so much more than I ever even thought it would be... this is a not to be missed follow up especially if you question the love in your life!

Nights In Rodanthe  tells the tale that intense love can come at any age... the ending still gives me chills!

A Bend In The Road is a reminder that our lives are like a tangled web!

The Rescue taught me that there are many ways to be rescued!

A Walk To Remember is a memorable and beautiful young love story!

Message In A Bottle was a heart wrenching unexpected ending book that left me wanting to go back and make things all better!

The Notebook is a classic must read ~ I pray that when I am at the twilight of my life I have my husband beside me!

Wokini encouraged me to be happy ~ co~authored with Billy Mills this book was inspiring and really made me reflect on my own life!

So that is it... all 16 books!
I am so looking forward to his next book!

Oh and if you have a chance, check out his WEBSITE... it is very in depth!


Let me know your thoughts on any of these books!

Linking up with Leah @

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on the accomplished goal ... love your writing-style (don't you just love the cross-out/line-thru option??)

    Happy SITS Saturday ~j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I have never read any of these books and it sounds like I am really missing something. Should I start with a certain one and read in a certain order or just read...Thank you for the info.
    HUGS,
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started The Guardian! He is a really good writer. And you are so right- he does get better looking with age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to read some of them Patricia! They all sound wonderful. *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell we share a love of reading and Nick! :) found you through new friend friday...keep on reading! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Patricia! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog post about my clean scrap room and my cards!

    I haven't read any of these myself, but WOW, lady, you are one prolific reader! What an inspiration! I am an English teacher, and I often find that I spend so much time reading things I have to read for school that I don't do much reading for myself. Thanks for recommending these books - I think I might give one a try! (You should link this up to Nicholas Sparks' blog...I'm sure he has one...because 16 in 2 months has to be some kind of record! :) Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheesh! You read fast!
    Well, his books are easy reads, right? Except they usually find a way to reach in your chest and rip your heart out! LOL
    I love his books.
    I think Miley Cyrus in the new movie is weird...am I the only one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia!
    Yes, this author is definitely easy on the eyes. I've never read any of his books, but there might be an insentive if his picture is on the jacket or something. ha ha ha ha

    Thank you for following my blog. It's always so fun to meet new people and discover new blogs. I'll be back!
    Patricia :o)

    PS: I love the sweet little nests in your Etsy shop. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is a cutie, isn't he!? I have read a handful of his books and have really enjoyed them. I get so wrapped up in the story that I have a hard time putting it down. For many of the books I have needed a box of tissues. I attribute that to great characters that make you feel you are a part of their story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did it! That is awesome! Who's going to be your next author?

    I've only read 4 or 5. He is so appealing in every way. I live near the NC coast which is another draw for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow~ I am so impressed! Nicholas Sparks is my all time favorite author. So many good books by him. The Notebook is my favorite. :) A little tidbit that you may not be aware of: Did you know that Nicholas Sparks wrote the screenplay for The Last Song *before* he wrote the novel? Pretty neat, huh? That is one that I haven't had the time to read yet, but definitely must before the movie comes out. Great synopsis of all of the books!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!
Thank You!~ Patricia