Sunday, January 10, 2010

Plate Wall...

I am joining


DIY Day @ ASPTL


&
 to show off the seasonal plate that I purchased for this wall decor at a thrift shop!






Joining








Making





Keeping It Simple






















with this project!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I needed to do something with this wall in my kitchen

it is the first wall you see when you enter our home and it is the last wall you see when you exit
I did not want anything too permanent as I am constantly changing things around
~~~~~~
I came across this saying and loved it and tweaked it for our home

In This Home
We do second chances
We do grace
We do real
We do mistakes
We do I’m sorry
We do loud really well
We do hugs
We do family
We do love

In addition to the two large plates you can see in the pic I also just purchased 6 smaller plates and one ribbon plate for super cheap
I decided to add the saying to the various plates and place them on the wall
Here is a picture tour of what I did


here are the plates that I purchased on clearance for 70cents each at JCP outlet
I added hooks to the back of each of them


using THIS wonderful tutorial


I then cut vinyl from my cricut  in various fonts and attached to each plate


I added the words to the two larger plates and then decided to just put the word on the smaller ones
Here is how it looks all together


 
So then I decided to add the HOLIDAY seasonal plate too...
Using this plate


that I got for 2.00 at a thrift store ... It is a Southern Living at Home plate that you can add ribbon to... so after adding the vinyl


I then added ribbon and hung the plate on the wall


yes... everything does look crooked in this picture... LOL



So now here is the wall... almost finished !
I am going to sit with it for a little while and see how I can tweak it!
While I love how it turned out... I am not sure I like how it is placed if that makes sense.
so in case you are wondering
In this home we do ... valentines day... love... grace... loud really well... im sorrys...hugs... mistakes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am linking this project all over this blog land
THE GIRL CREATIVE

33 comments:

  1. I love a plate wall and your looks so fresh and fun! That color is so cheery!


    Well done!

    Stop by....

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw that it was a plate wall, I had to come see! Great idea...and great bargains! I love the idea of adding the holidays with that SL plate! Happy week...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea.. Looks really good. I love the pop of red...

    Thanks for stopping by come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plates look great! I really love the Valentine's Day one. I'm in V-day mode so I'm going to dig out some plates! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just so original...you should feel good that no one in the world has a wall like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!
    And I just love the message. Very cute.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and very original as well. The saying is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plate wall and the saying...it's great that you will be able to change the one seasonal plate/saying when needed by making one simple change. Brillant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and very original!! What do you mean you cut vinyl with your cricut? I have a cricut but have no idea what vinyl you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea and you chose great words to do it with! And you asked for advice so here is my two cents: About the placing. I think the plates should be closer together. Look at the way the Nester does them, they are always really close like a group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia...

    So happy to have you for Sunday Favorites, my friend!!! What a great post...I love your plate wall! I'm a big fan of pretty plates and I have a plate wall in my dining room...I just love it! However, your's is so unique...I love the family sayings...and they look beautiful on the pretty white plates...what a great idea! It's very creative and I love it!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing it with us for Sunday Favorites...what a treat!!! I hope that you'll join us again for Sunday Favorites...you're always welcomed!!!

    Have a fabulous week, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique use of your plates and thing the message is great. Lovely too that you can change one plate to fit the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea. This is just so cute and so creative. Love your saying too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the plate wall -- and what a steal on the plates!! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I LOVE the hot glue & paper clip idea! I am going to try that for sure. I have many more things I would like on my walls, but don't want to buy all those plate hangers!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your comments! I love this! Awesome idea! Love your plate collection! I also love the plate hanger idea! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to look around some more . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! You guys are going to force me to buy a Cricut yet!!!
    *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great idea! I love the quote you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea! I would definitely put the plates closer together. Have you thought about putting the first plate on top and doing well not a pyramid but maaybe this shape: <> ?
    {How do you like that, haha.}

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it when you knock my socks off, and let me tell you my feet are cold. I love everything about this. I am going to have to do this, but I don't have the machine so I'll have to come up with some way to get around that. You just watch though I am doing it.
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, that came out great! I really like that idea. :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it and how it can be changed or updated. Great way to fill in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great look and great saying!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea! I love the plates. Here is my suggestion (I'm visiting from Linda's Stumped Party): I would put the "In this House," "We do" and holiday plates in the middle of the wall, one on top of the other and then symmetrically place the smaller places on either side. I think maybe like Norma Lee was describing "< >. Essentially, there would be three lined up vertically in the middle, two lined up vertically on the right and left of those and then one on each of the outsides. Kinda like this:
    .
    . .
    . . .
    . .
    .
    You could spread it out even more so it is shorter than it is wide. I sure hope this all makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my word. I love this. I didn't realize where you were going with it. I loved the verse and I was thinking you were going to paint it on the wall. And I was actually thinking of borrowing the idea. Then I see what you did with the plates. I have to use this! May I. I have this wall in my kitchen that it would be so great on.
    Funny thing is you have to come by my blog today and see what I am up to. I am trying to trade for . . . you got it white plates! LOL. This cracked me up. You got what I need. Bet you won't part with them though.
    It was nice to meet you. Come over and visit. I can't wait to see the finished wall.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for joining the party! Love that saying. You could also group them closer together or mix in some fun items like pictures to break it up a bit.
    best wishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun and creative way to express yourself! The poem is so perfect for the plates. I agree with some of the other comments that moving the plates closer together for eaiser reading and emphasizing with more items like the Valentine Plate. This is my First Second Time Around Tuesday, and I've so enjoyed seeing your post. I hope you'll drop by and see the items in my cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks really Cute. You could always put the WE DO at the very top
    and then have them start under it and scatter out.

    I am curious if you got that off my blog because that is on my girlfriends painting of their house. I did a home tour of her house when we were back in KC.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!
Thank You!~ Patricia