Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Mantle

Kellie is having a party ... and while you are visiting, you HAVE to see her craft room!! 
WOW!



In the beginning there was a lone black mirror over the fireplace
Then there were shutters from CTS that I bought last year on clearance for 1.00 each
Then came the apothecary jar bottom that I bought at Aldi for $7.00
The eggs that I made from Dollar Tree supplies came next with a large stick... from my yard!
Another pic...
Then came the filigree candle sticks and my grams Easter Greetings blocks!
Gram had these seasonal blocks for as long as I can remember... when she went to the nursing home they came with her... when she passed away,  I was honored to get these.
A closer view of the sign and some hippy chicks!
I added our initial and I hot glued some faux forsythia to the branches
I added the candles which I will have a tutorial on soon... and some blue check ribbon

I am LOVING my mantle!!!
It is bright and cheery and it is totally me!!

Linking up with Linda













Linking up with Cindy on Monday













Linking up with Diana on Monday
The Girl Creative

Linking up with Jan on Wednesday 
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
The DIY Show Off









Joining Kendall too!

@





20 comments:

  1. Our mantles could be friends, I love yours what a great job you did. I will be praying for your hubby and the job.

    Have a great weekend,

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that my friend....looks super great! Awh...Easter and Spring is in the air!!

    Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty and cheerful!
    I love the candles!
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh me likie!!! what really great ideas. I so wish I was creative...And thats alot of linking ;) . xoxo LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! It makes me smile. I want it to be nice and springy around here, too! But, we're getting a snowstorm! AUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Super cute and creative!

    Blessings,
    --Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colors and the shutters. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I would love to find some shutters and for a $1 each, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute mantel!!! I've just been thinking about mine as well....love how yours came out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, What a great job you did ...It looks greatr
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, I think the blocks of your Grandmas are my favorite part!!!!!! Come enter my give-a-way if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i am in yellow shutter heaven!
    love this idea. you creative one!

    laughing at cha cha's comment. yes i think your mantel & hers could be BFF! thank thank you for linking & posting the button. you are so kind.

    that poka-dot candle has stopped me in my tracks. so stinkin' cute.
    yes, please. list the "how to's" on that one for sure.

    have a wonderful day. thanks for coming to the party! wish we all could meet up & just talk face to face!

    HAPPY SPRING!
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE CUTE CUTE!
    Love the forsythia!
    I usually put my faux forsythia in a basket on the front door- I think it needs to come inside because I can't see it if it's outside :)
    I have shutters on my mantle, too!
    The chicks are darling!
    Thanks for sharing your mantle.
    Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore those yellow shutters! They're so happy and the absolute embodiment of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I do love shutters. That looks fantastic. Very Springy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shutters are perfectly cute!! Such a great touch!! Thanks so much for linking to Creative Cats!!

    XOXO,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Those branches are awesome and the shutters! Oh my! Thanks for linking up to Shop The House Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patricia,
    Totally makes your mantle look fab! Thanks for joining the Easter Roundup! Happy Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!
Thank You!~ Patricia