In my continuing quest to save money I set out to make a wreath for my front door.
I needed it to be simple, bright and cheery and I needed it to last from March 18 to almost Summer...
I started with a grapevine base (I had on hand) and 4 bushes of tulips from the dollar tree ($1.00 each)
I cut the branches off with a wire snips (if you do not have one.. get one they are wonderful)
I then started to glue the stems in a whimsical way around the base
I used tacky glue and find it to be better for me than hot glue for making wreaths
The glue globs will dry
And here it is all done...
I can't wait to put it on our door!
I love the bright colors
I am choosing not to add a bow... because I like the free flow of the wreath!



















ohhh, what fun colors! Just perfect for spring and summer :)
ReplyDelete~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"
Makes me dream of sunn days as I watch snow fall out my window. I live in the south, not sure what is up with this. I love your wreath and good job on the price.
ReplyDeleteCha Cha
So fun! I love the colors! Especially on this dreary and cold day.
ReplyDeleteSuch fun colors! It will look great all spring!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I'm still working on mine. I can't find my table right now to finish it up!! =)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wreath. Love the colors!!! I can't to hang up spring wreath.
ReplyDeleteTurned out absolutely perfect. The flowers are turned in such a way that they look natural. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!! I just love how all of you cool crafty people are able to do it for so little too. I am so jealous. :)
ReplyDeleteI really like the spring colors. I still have my Christmas wreath out! Shh, don't tell! I found you from Make it for Monday. I am your newest follower!!! I can't wait to see what you do next!
ReplyDeleteBonnie
http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com
I really like the looseness of this wreath - rather than bunching them up you left them wild and it makes it very vibrant...
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty and inexpensive way to add some color!
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun and Springy!! It is so nice to add color like that in decor.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up at the Spring has Sprung Party at Fun to Craft.