Saturday, February 06, 2010

Really trash to treasure!

I am joining a few hundred parties this coming week (lol)

Including
and
the Shop Your House Party   with this trash to treasure/using only what I had on hand project

Last night I was again throwing a cracker box away
and decided instead to make it into a Valentine banner
I took the box and cut along the corners
So I had 4 strips
I cut each strip in half and then cut a tradtional folded heart
On two of the hearts I added some dollar tree chalkboard vinyl
 
On the rest I aged and stamped I LOVE U
 

I then strung them all on a polka dot grosgrain ribbon

~added a few knot bows and hung them on my hutch

I then added a bung of other goodies to go along with this display
 
I am so sorry the pics are dark...
I added my favorite candies to the candle jar and added ribbon to the jar


I reversed the paper in this frame and tied a bow... along with another jar of my lemon candies


This is the whole hutch together... 
Keeping it real I included the hubbys home base basket as I call it.
Anything I find that belongs to him around the house goes into the basket 
No more disagreements about his stuff... it is all in the basket!!


Here are the other  other awesome parties I am joining








The Girl Creative












Sumo's Sweet Stuff

























13 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I always see those adorable banners on Etsy and in other crafty mom blogs but they look so intimidating to make- you've removed my fear by showing how easy it can be- and free too! How clever using the saltines box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew a Saltine box could look so good! =) Great idea and outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came here by way of Brambleberry Cottage 14 Days of Love. I think I have seen your icon on Ann Tatum's Blog "Keepin Up W/the Tatums. Yes, I did - she's a niece on my husband's side of the family. Anyway -I enjoyed your post. And I love your header photo. Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banner is darling and your hutch looks great. My hubby has a home basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an olden lady and soooo not crafty but I want to make banners in the worst way. This one looks like I MIGHT could make it. I will try!! Thanks so much for showing us your cute work...I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea! The ribbon is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I love that you used cardboard to make the banner. Great repurposing!!!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little banner is really cute!

    Love the idea of just adding bows to things :)

    Visiting from Cottage Instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea! Love using things like that to make great decorations!
    Thanks for sharing and for sharing my button!
    -Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good idea! I have been saving my boxes too, but I never thought about using it for a banner. Thanks for the idea
    -Kaysi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I featured you on my highlights posted this evening, so be sure to grab an "I Was Featured" button. I did a coke case vase project over the holidays. Turned out so cute and cost nothing! Thanks for linking up to "Shop the House Sunday" at Finesse Your Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a cute little banner! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's what I call truly trash to treasure. What a great way to recycle!

    Glad you joined the party!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me!
Thank You!~ Patricia